One of our biggest requests as of late has been to secure Vidyard players.
A few weeks ago, we launched secure video embeds. In case you missed it, secure video embedding lets you lock a player to specific domain.
This week, we’re announcing Access Codes!
Access Codes are a great way to ensure that your content is ONLY playable/viewable to individuals with the exact code required to initiate playback.
Want to try it? Check out the video below. To initiate playback, simply enter “TribeHR” (without the qoutation marks) into the dialogue that pops up.
Why would I use Access Codes?
- Internal Video that you’d prefer to be kept within your organization
- Private content that you’re working on and would like to keep to a small audience
- Paid content that you’d like to provide access to subscribers or fans
How do I use Access Codes?
As with all things Vidyard, we’ve been careful to include these features where they belong and avoid making the system more complex. Lately, you may have noticed a fairly big change in the way player design, security and embedding are organized.
As expected, the Access Code feature is located in the “security settings” for each player.
1) Click “Security” on the player of interest
2) Look for “Access Code Player Protection”
3) Input the Access Code of your choice. For the example in this post, I used: “TribeHR“.
4) Click “Update Settings” and voila! You’re player is now restricted with an Access Code!
If you have any questions or concerns about the product or it’s features, please feel free to reach out to us on Twitter!
Thanks again to @Kristantina for the awesome graphic!