This post has been updated to reflect the latest benchmark data from the 2018 Video in Business Benchmark Report.
It’s no secret that marketers are investing more in online video than ever before. From creative video marketing campaigns to explainers, video ads, webinars, video blogs, customer stories and more, video is now a critical asset within the modern marketing toolkit. In fact, the average B2B company within Vidyard’s client base has 377 videos in their library, publishing an average of 33 videos per month. The largest B2B clients host more than 10,000 videos with no signs of slowing down.
So how, exactly, are B2B companies investing in video and how does that differ from their B2C counterparts? How many videos are they publishing each month and what trends stand out for different industries and company sizes? To help answer these questions and many more, Vidyard has released its 2018 Video in Business Benchmark Report offering unique insights and trend analysis data from across its global customer base.
The new report analyzes live video marketing data from 600 B2B businesses and more than 250,000 videos offering insight at industry benchmarks for top performing video marketing programs. While some results help to validate common market assumptions, others are quite interesting and may surprise even the most experienced video pundits.
Here is a glimpse at some of the key findings from the 2018 Video in Business Benchmark Report published by Vidyard:
- B2B businesses have published 377 videos on average and will double the size of their video libraries within the next 12 months (Tweet This!)
- Video production in the fields of High Tech, Professional Services, Financial Services, and Healthcare has exploded over the last year (Tweet This!)
- The average video length in B2B is approximately 9 minutes, though 75% of videos published were less than 2 minutes (Tweet This!)
- Videos under 90 seconds retain 59% of viewers on average; those over 30 minutes retain only 14% of viewers (Tweet This!)
- 89% of views of business-related videos take place on desktop browsers; only 11% take place on mobile (Tweet This!)
- Tuesday mornings are the busiest day of the week for B2B video viewing (Tweet This!)
To check out the full report or to see how your business stacks up to industry benchmarks, simply download a complimentary version of the 2018 Video in Business Benchmark Report. If you’re interested in quoting any portion of the report online or learning more about our research methodology, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.