Did you know that marketers who use video for lead generation see 19% lower cost per lead than those who don’t? For demand generation and content marketers alike, more quality leads for less cost is the consistent, ever-present struggle.
Meeting those MQL, SAL, and SQO goals each month is what keeps you up at night and what you wake up thinking about. We know.
The good news is that there’s a way you can use your current content and marketing programs to generate more leads without significantly more effort. It’s called a change in mindset: using video for lead generation.
How to Grow Monthly Leads by 20% with Video
There are probably at least 8,793 ways to generate leads with video. Okay we’re not exactly sure on the precise number, but there are a lot. Here are just a few examples:
- Gating on-demand webinars before the video starts playing
- Adding a pop-out form on a product feature video for a demo request
- Adding a form at the end of a video to download an ebook
- Including one form for your entire event video hub to access all speaker session recordings
The truth is, if you’re not gating your videos or providing opportunities to get to know your audience and capture their information throughout your video content, you’re missing out. ExamSoft, an examination software platform, wasn’t previously considering their video assets to be lead generation tools. But when they flicked that switch to the “on” position, they saw a 20% increase in leads per month.
It just makes sense: consumers prefer content over all other mediums. In fact, in 2015, video viewing overtook all other activities online, according to Forrester. So why not go to your consumers instead of always trying to drag them back to you?
Read more about the principles of lead generation with video, 5 ways to generate leads with video, and best practices for lead generation based on distribution location in The Comprehensive Guide to: Using Video for Lead Generation, Scoring & Nurturing.
Evaluating Leads Based on Video Consumption
After capturing these new leads, you need to evaluate the quality of them. Surely you already have basic scoring and segmentation in place, but are you using video consumption to help build a clearer picture of a lead’s profile and intent?
There are three great opportunities to evaluate a lead’s interest based on viewing consumption:
- Topic-based video lead scoring – which videos on what topics has a lead watched?
- Percentage-based video lead scoring – how much of a single video has a lead viewed?
- Volume-based video lead scoring – how many minutes of video has a lead viewed in total?
Read more about how to put lead scoring with video into practice in The Comprehensive Guide to: Using Video for Lead Generation, Scoring & Nurturing.
Nurturing Leads to Purchase with Video
Once you have planted the quality seeds — or captured and scored the leads — you have to water them, or they’ll never grow into customers. Or at least, not very large ones: nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads.
Get The Comprehensive Guide to Using Video for Lead Generation, Scoring & Nurturing to get — and keep more and more leads. And more leads. You’ll learn:
- Five ways to generate leads with video
- Video lead gen best practices by distribution location
- Tailoring video initiatives to different stages of the funnel
- How to use progressive profiling with video
- Score leads based on video consumption
- Nurture leads through the funnel using video