Do you want to build your brand, reach a wider audience, and make personal connections with customers in 2019? Look no further than video!
It’s a fresh new year and if you’re anything like us, you have big plans to leverage video in 2019 to reach your strategic goals. But to be effective, you’ll want to be mindful of what’s really working with video right now and where things are headed over the next 12 months.
We’ve compiled a list of all the most important trends you need to pay attention to in order to make your video dreams a reality.
Video is Everywhere
Chances are you’ve already seen a video today. And it’s no surprise—according to Cisco, video does and will continue to account for the lion’s share of total data sent over the internet. So what does that mean for your business? Here are some of the top ways we see video taking over in 2019:
- Lights, Camera, Action!
- Filming video has never been easier or more accessible. As video creation becomes ever more democratized, we expect the number of videos created and shared by businesses to increase exponentially.
- Wanted: Video Producers
- In order to meet a growing demand for video, more businesses will look to create or expand in-house video production teams. That means hiring dedicated video producers and investing in their video production capabilities—whether in terms of time, equipment, or production talent.
- Widespread use of video across all platforms will drive businesses to address accessibility requirements in a systematic way. Closed captioning and other accessibility settings are crucial tools that businesses will leverage to ensure all customers can enjoy their content.
Video plays a starring role in inbound, social, and websites
With customers awash in textual information, video is more critical than ever to help businesses cut through the noise and stand out, whether on websites, blogs, or social feeds. Here are some key tactics businesses will use to reach customers with video this year:
- Video Education is the New Norm
- Video is a fun, engaging way to learn new ideas and acquire new skills. Just ask “Mr. YouTube”Julius Yego, a self-taught javelin-thrower who used videos to hone his skills and eventually win an Olympic medal. Even for those of us not chasing Olympic fame, video is still a key way to share and absorb information; in fact, 59% of company decision makers rank video as their preferred way to learn. With that said, it’s no wonder vlogging and video-based thought leadership will be top priorities for inbound and content marketing teams.
- Social-First Video
- In order to target customers where they’re at, more businesses will create videos explicitly for social audiences. Many companies will use episodic video series and conversational content to boost audience engagement and grow their subscriber base. Keep an eye out for short-form thought leadership and snackable video on LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and all your other social feeds.
- Fast Forwarding Website Performance
- Is there a more powerful call-to-action on the web than the play button? Video-based calls-to-action such as Watch a Demo, See it in Action and Watch Our Story will become more common as B2B companies use them to boost website conversion rates.
Video humanizes B2B sales and support
With prospects’ inboxes overloaded with messages and customers seeking quick solutions to their questions, video is a critical tool for any sales or support person looking to make a positive impression. Here’s how video will change the 2019 sales and support game:
- Video Selling Gets Real
- 25% of businesses are already seeing success from using video in sales conversations—and we anticipate that number will only grow. One-to-one video messaging is becoming a core communications channel for many sales team, supporting and enhancing their existing email, social, and phone outreach for both sales development and account management. In fact, using video in outreach has been shown to triple response rates and increase the number of meetings booked by up to 500%!
- Knowledge Bases Get a Facelift
- Businesses will empower customers to quickly find the answers they’re looking for by leveraging video within self-service knowledge bases. These customer-first experiences not only make for happy clients—but they also reduce support ticket volume and cost-per-call. Win-win!
Video hardware, tools, and tech see accelerated adoption
The future is now! New tech tools make it easier than ever for businesses to create, track, and optimize video. Here’s how technology will impact businesses’ use of video in 2019:
- Video Creation Tools Mean Business
- With everyone carrying a camera and editing suite in their pocket, it’s easier than ever to create a professional-looking video with minimal tools and time. Add to that the proliferation of DIY video creation tools like Vyond, Filmora, Vidyard GoVideo and Camtasia, and businesses have no more excuses for saying no to video. This type of ad-hoc video production will only increase as businesses look for new ways to meet the growing demand for video from their customers.
- Video Analytics Go Deeper
- Time to dig into the data! Advanced video analytics will enable businesses to move beyond surface-level reporting to really understand their video performance and the true ROI of their video content.
How do you see video impacting your business this year? Let us know in the comments!
For a more in-depth analysis of these 2019 video trends and recommendations for how to stay on top of them, be sure to check out The State of Video report below!