We all need a little poke of motivation every once in a while. It happens to the best of us.
Sometimes it’s as simple as an afternoon coffee, and sometimes it comes from your super fit, super loud personal trainer. But today, it comes from 25 people who have spoken wise words about content marketing, video, and … well … life. So soak them in and rise to the challenge of attracting and converting.
You’re feeling a spike of “go get ’em” in your blood, aren’tcha? Spread that feeling around!
Share the Inspiration!
- “Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but the stories you tell.” – @thisissethsblog, Seth Godin, Author (Tweet this!)
- “Obvious realization: Content that starts as video, can be downgraded to audio (in your pocket or as podcast), which can be converted to text (via transcription or blog). But content can’t flow in other direction. Therefore, to max audience for any content, start with video.” – @SarahTavel, General Partner, Benchmark (Tweet this!)
- “Just because you are the loudest, doesn’t make you right.” – @BrianHalligan, CEO & Co-founder, HubSpot (Tweet this!)
- “Perfection isn’t the end goal. Connection is.” – @MeghanKeaneyAnderson, CMO, Wanderlust (Tweet this!)
- “Focus on the core problem your business solves and put out lots of content and enthusiasm and ideas about how to solve that problem.” — Laura Fitton, CEO & Founder, enough.co (Tweet this!)
- “Measurement is like laundry. It piles up the longer you wait to do it.” – @ambercadabra, Marketer, Brass Tack Thinking (Tweet this!)
- “It’s a very complicated world. It’s a very noisy world. And we are not gonna get a chance to get people to remember much about us. No company is. So we have to be really clear on what we want them to know about us.” – Steve Jobs, Founder, Apple (Tweet this!)
- “There’s a problem with the word ‘social’. Social is not just Twitter, FB, etc. Social is a language.” – @AndrewGrill, Pragmatic Futurist (Tweet this!)
- “You can monetize anything, to start, figure out what you’re passionate about and if you’re really good at it, there’s some way to turn it into a business. Maybe you’re an incredible cook – start a cooking blog, then start charging for recipes. It depends on what your talents are, whatever that might be.” – @WhitWolfeHerd, Founder & CEO, Bumble (Tweet this!)
- “The play button is the most compelling call to action on the web.” – @MichaelLitt, Co-Founder and CEO at Vidyard (Tweet this!)
- “Does your content lead readers on a journey, or does it merely stuff them as leads into a pipeline?” – @AnnHandley, Chief Content Officer, MarketingProfs (Tweet this!)
- “One of the best ways to sabotage your content is to not tie it to your goals. Know why you’re creating content.” – @EllenGomes, Senior Content Marketing Manager, Glint (Tweet this!)
- “Mediocre marketers think in terms of campaigns. Great marketers think in terms of growth frameworks.” –@NeilPatel, Co-founder & Author, Neil Patel Digital (Tweet this!)
- “Stop selling. Start helping.” – @theZigZiglar, Public Speaker (Tweet this!)
- “You’ve probably got a device on you that can shoot decent video, so what’s stopping you? Capture and share some moments.” – @SteveGarfield, Tech Blogger (Tweet this!)
- “Your viewers have to walk away feeling like they took more away from you than you took from them.” – @sc00ter5, Digital Enthusiast (Tweet this!)
- “Online video is the Swiss army knife of internet marketing. It really can be used all over the customer lifecycle, whether it’s customer service, marketing, or even recruitment.” – @MarkRRobertson, Video Marketer (Tweet this!)
- “Everyone has preconceived notions about what people think of the brand. Bring in new perspectives to challenge these notions all the time.” – @JustinLomax, Head of Production, Square (Tweet this!)
- “Create videos with a distinct purpose. Anticipate your ideal consumer’s needs and create content to address those needs.” – @BrianRotsztein, Author (Tweet this!)
- “Give the time and the energy to let amazing creatives do creative work.” – @PaullYoung, Facebook (Tweet this!)
- “We want to know what consumers are looking for, what their values are, and how can we meet their needs. It’s not just about Big Data; it’s about translating that into the truth.” – @GayleFuguitt, Former Chief of Customer Insight and Innovation, Foursquare (Tweet this!)
- “If your content isn’t driving conversation, you’re doing it wrong.” — @DanRoth, Editor in Chief, LinkedIn (Tweet this!)
- “What makes content engaging is relevancy. You need to connect the contact information with the content information.” – @Gail_Goodman, Co-founder & Chief Product Officer, Pepperlane (Tweet this!)
- “Whether B2B or B2C, I believe passionately that good marketing essentials are the same. We all are emotional beings looking for relevance, context, and connection.” – @BethComstock, Author (Tweet this!)
- “Inbound marketing and account-based marketing are like a taco and a burrito. They have the same ingredients, they’re just shaped differently.” — @JoeChernov, Marketer, Pendo.io (Tweet this!)
This post was originally published on February 3, 2015. It was updated on May 16, 2021.