Convincing your sales team to adopt video
Some salespeople understand the value of video intuitively and adopt it without hesitation. (Some on your team may already use it. Ask around.) Others see it as an interruption to a process that’s already working for them, and will hesitate. To get the entire organization to understand video’s utility and to adopt it in a fashion that quickly impacts pipeline, sales leaders need to sell their team on the idea.
Sometimes, this happens bottom-up. One Vidyard customer picked a few of their lowest performing sales reps and asked them them to use video for several weeks. These reps improved so much that the company’s top-performing reps begged leadership to let them use video too.
Other times, video spreads top-down. Leadership becomes convinced of video’s value, creates a series of gold-standard videos, and has the entire team get certified on using video before they’re allowed to go live. Leadership may encourage video sales with spiffs for closing deals using video, or make the video certification a prerequisite for promotion.
If you find yourself in the position of having to convince management or leadership of the power of video, the best move is to get meta: Send them a video about video. Tout the benefits of selling with video (3x higher response rates), share case studies (Act-On drove 40% more leads), and tell them about your plan for rollout.
The benefits of video in sales
- Earn greater inbox presence: 3x higher response rate
- Build relationships at a distance: Next-best thing to meeting in-person
- Explain complex topics simply: Show and tell at the same time
- Save time: Higher response rates mean more time spent actually selling
- Accelerate deal cycles: Move deals forward with screen share explanations
Case studies show video works
- Act-on Drove 40% more leads
- League earned 3x higher response rates
- MediaValet cut the sales cycle for a large deal in half
- Miovision made its sales outreach more personal
- Terminus increased sales response rates 3x
Check out even more case studies that highlight the power of video for sales
The next chapter explains how to get sales teams up and running with video.
Download Sample Video Messaging
Fill out the form to access your free sales video scripts and email templates.
Thanks for requesting a demo. We'll be in touch shortly. Until then, why not take a look through our Blog?Visit the Blog