What is a Video Email?
A video email is exactly what the name suggests: an email including an embedded video. It’s a creative way to catch your audience’s attention, improve click-through rates, and spark meaningful conversations.
Vidyard’s video platform is an excellent tool to use for creating and sharing video emails.
Benefits of Video Email
Integrating video emails into your sales cadence will yield positive results. Videos are a powerful tool when it comes to communication – let’s look at the benefits it offers:
- General performance. According to over 70% of sales professionals, video emails regularly outperform text emails
- Increased response rates. People’s inboxes are constantly overflowing and sifting through paragraphs of text is exhausting. But watching a fun, unique video? This shakes things up and helps boost response rates. In fact, over 70% of sales reps see more responses to video emails than text-based emails.
- Ease of communication. Writing out lengthy or complex information can be difficult for sales reps, and frustrating for prospects to understand. Through video, you can succinctly give a product overview, or even record and share a product demo for a visual explanation.
- Reuse videos to save time and resources. Once you’ve established a library of videos you can easily reuse them in the future to save valuable time and speed up the selling process. Save copies of product demos, quick Q & A sessions, or sales pitches. If a video has proven to be successful, reuse it whenever you can.
- Easily track engagement metrics. With the proper tools, you can measure how many leads are watching your videos, clicking through to your website, and engaging with your content and responding to outreach. Once you know what consistently works well, you can perfect it for future use.
Best Practices for Using Video Emails
Successful using video emails isn’t as simple as recording yourself once, embedding it into your message, and hitting send. To stand out from your competition and see meaningful results, you need to put time and effort into creating unique, engaging videos.
Use these tips and tricks for successful video emails:
- Write a catchy subject line. People always look at subject lines before opening and reading an email, so make yours enticing. There are plenty of tips for writing good email subject lines. It should be short and to the point, but don’t be generic.
- Customize the video thumbnail. Every video platform will automatically generate a thumbnail, but is it good? The thumbnail is the first thing someone sees, so make sure it’s interesting, engaging, and piques enough interest for them to hit “play.”
- Tailor Your Message. Yes, you can create generic videos to easily reuse, but if you’re reaching out to a new prospect for the first time, tailor your video specifically for them. Address them by name, mention their business, and show that you’ve done your research and know who they are and what their company does. Putting in a little more work to make a unique, personalized video will make a good impression.
- Look Professional. You might not have a professional recording studio, but your audience doesn’t need to know that. Ensure your lighting is good, audio is clear, and your background isn’t too distracting. It may sound silly but paying attention to these small details makes a big impact.